Empowering Dreams: AAUW International Fellowships 2024 for Women Worldwide, Valued up to $50,000
Since its inception in 1917, the AAUW International Fellowships program has been a catalyst for women’s empowerment, spanning borders and fostering educational and professional growth.
The program opens doors for exceptional women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral studies in the United States, irrespective of their citizenship or residency status.
Notably, this initiative resonates with women who aspire to return to their home countries and make significant contributions to their professional fields.
Nurturing Peace through Expertise: EUMM Special Prize
The AAUW International Fellowships go beyond education, acknowledging the pivotal role of conflict-sensitive journalism in promoting peace.
The EUMM Special Prize for Peace Journalism recognizes exceptional efforts in conflict-sensitive reporting, contributing to peace-building in Georgia’s armed conflict context.
The recipient of this special prize is awarded not only with honor but also with a one-month fellowship at the esteemed Institute of War and Peace Reporting in London.
Funding Dreams: Monetary Awards
A rewarding journey awaits the winners. With an emphasis on recognizing excellence, AAUW offers financial support in three tiers:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
Navigating the Timeline: AAUW International Fellowships 2024
- August 1, 2023: The application period opens.
- November 15, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time: Deadline for online submissions of applications, recommendations, and supporting documents.
- April 15, 2024: Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants.
- July 1, 2024–June 30, 2025: Fellowship year
The Path of Eligibility: Meeting Criteria
The AAUW International Fellowships program embraces inclusivity and certain guidelines:
- Open to women of all fields of study in accredited higher education institutions.
- Not available to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant.
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff are ineligible to apply.
- Eligible applicants must have citizenship outside the U.S. or possess a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree must be completed by the application deadline.
- Devote full-time dedication to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Exhibit proficiency in English through specified components.
Crafting the Application: Showcasing Excellence
Applicants for various categories must adhere to specific submission guidelines, encompassing electronic files, scripts, and documentation of publications. The program supports traditional classroom-based studies in accredited U.S. institutions, emphasizing interactive learning experiences.
Championing Excellence: The Selection Process
An impartial panel assesses applications based on a range of criteria, including academic achievements, commitment to women’s advancement, and demonstrated community engagement.
While AAUW does not provide evaluations or reconsideration, it places special emphasis on applicants residing in their home countries, individuals from underrepresented groups, and those making impactful contributions.
Fueling Aspirations: AAUW International Fellowships 2024
Aspiring women, whether pursuing a master’s, doctorate, or postdoctoral research, are invited to embrace the opportunities AAUW International Fellowships offer.
This initiative nurtures educational aspirations, fosters women’s leadership, and propels the advancement of women and girls worldwide.