UNDP Home-Based Internship in Spanish Web Editing and Social Media: Apply Now
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development network dedicated to advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to improve lives worldwide.
Effective communication is vital for achieving development goals and business objectives at UNDP.
The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) plays a key role in positioning UNDP as a leading global development network, promoting its authority on sustainable development, poverty, inequality, and climate change issues.
The Advocacy, Marketing, and Communications Group within BERA spearheads external communications, employing strategies, media, digital channels, marketing, branding, and storytelling to foster impactful relationships and alliances.
Join the Digital Comms Studio
The Digital Comms Studio is an integral part of the Advocacy, Marketing, and Communications Group.
It plays a crucial role in developing and managing UNDP’s global online presence, curating compelling public-facing content, leading social media engagement, enhancing digital communications impact, and building a strong UNDP brand.
Role of the Intern
The Internship is based in the Digital Comms Studio and reports to the Spanish Web and Social Media Specialist.
The Intern will actively support the team in conceptualizing and creating Spanish language web and social media texts for campaigns, events, and promotional purposes.
The Intern’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and producing Spanish-language content and updates for social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, ensuring global campaign support and audience engagement.
- Creating graphic material for use on Spanish social media platforms.
- Assisting in curating and presenting stories, images, and videos on UNDP’s web content management system in Spanish.
- Reviewing and editing web stories, headlines, and captions in both Spanish and English, ensuring consistency across languages.
- Assisting in translating or reviewing translations in Spanish, proofreading, and reformulating as necessary for optimal web presentation.
- Maintaining contacts with content providers to source material for the website and seeking approval for drafts.
- Supporting the monthly reporting of Spanish digital channels’ performance by gathering and analyzing key metrics.
The ideal candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Native Spanish speaker with strong writing and editing skills in Spanish.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic.
- Interest in global issues and the United Nations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, being mindful of political sensitivities.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Graduated with a university degree (as defined in (1) and (2) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
The candidate should be a native Spanish speaker with fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is desirable.